Please read this first.

Welcome! This blog is devoted to considerations of morality in the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Bethesda. Rather than a fansite, review, or walkthrough, it is a serious attempt to examine the game through a moral lens. Please note that the purpose of this blog is to discuss morality within the context of the game, not to determine whether playing the game is immoral in and of itself; the latter type of "discussion" tends toward tedium and inhibits, rather than promotes, a meaningful conversation.

If you have not visited this blog before, it might be helpful to read the posts labeled "Orientation," most of which are the first few entries in the blog archive (see right). These posts include a short introduction to this project, a content-specific author bio, and a few other pieces that explain key concepts relevant to this study. These posts are of particular use to those readers less familiar with Skyrim (or video games in general).

PLEASE NOTE: HERE BE SPOILERS!

If you have visited this blog before, thanks and welcome back!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Moving Day

First, an apology to those who have taken time out of their lives to read and comment on this blog: I'm sorry that I have neglected this project for so long.  Thank you for your patience, and I hope that you'll find my new blog as worthwhile as this one was when I started it.

For those who are still interested in the exploration of moral issues in gaming, I have launched a new blog over at WordPress called moralityplays.  In it, I hope to overcome some of the limitations of Skyrim and Morality by opening up the conversation to gaming in general and by dropping the strictly chronological structure on which my first blog was based.

I will leave this blog open for those who still want to engage here, and I'll do my best to weed out the spammers who have begun squatting in the comments, but all new posts will appear on moralityplays from here on in.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog and am enjoying it immensely so far. I've recently gotten back into Skyrim and have been trying different pacifist builds, including a merchant/naturalist who makes a living solely off what I harvest and create from the wilderness. I'm curious about how you think selling weapons or poisons that you have crafted or found fits in with a pacifist playthrough. The choice to dispose of or destroy (actually I don't think items can be destroyed in ESV) these types of items seems obvious to me unless it's a "libertarian" type character, but the income sacrificed could be too limiting in terms of game progress especially if you're not gaining skills through combat. Anyway, I see that you haven't posted in a couple years, but I hope to hear from you eventually and look forward to reading the rest of your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to illuminati brotherhood where you can become rich famous and popular and your life story we be change totally. my name is Carlos I am here to share my testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all my possible best to get money but no one work out for me each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no money to take care of them until one day I decided to join the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to me they really change my story totally . They give me the sum of $1,000,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I was able to become rich, and have many industry on my own and become famous and popular in my country, today me and my family is living happily and I am the most happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like other people and your life we be change totally. If you are interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati contact this number call whatsspa +2347051758952 or morganilluminatirich@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete